Lions Club Project Help Needed - Excel problem

  1. #1

    Lions Club Project Help Needed - Excel problem

    I hope I have the right group for this question.

    I am Radio Auction Chairman in the Rayne Lions Club in Louisiana and I
    am working with Excel to enter all the items for our Live Radio
    Auction.

    I have entered all auction items in Excel and now I want to copy &
    paste
    the information into a word document. When I copy & insert the column,
    it also paste the cells. I need just the information for the
    newspapers.

    Can I just copy & paste just into information into a word file
    without the cells?

    Also, if I have listed the items from top to bottom in a column, is
    there any way to flip the info fron top-bottom to left-right
    across the top.

    I know Excel is a powerful program and I work with it on a limited
    basis.

    Thanks for any and all help.
    Tony

  2. #2
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Re: Lions Club Project Help Needed - Excel problem

    Copy the data and when in Word, go to Edit > Paste
    Special and choose "Unformatted text".

    To flip the column in Excel, copy the range, select a new
    cell, and go to Edit > Paste Special > Transpose

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA

  3. #3
    Rowan
    Guest

    RE: Lions Club Project Help Needed - Excel problem

    Tony

    Copy the information from Excel and then in Word click on Edit > PastSpecial
    and then select Unformatted Text.

    In answer to the second question you can "flip" data in Excel using the
    following steps. Select the range you want to Copy eg A1:A10. Click Edit >
    Copy. Select the cell you want the new range to start in eg B1. Click on Edit
    > PasteSpecial. Then click in the Transpost checkbox and click OK.

    Hope this helps
    Rowan

  4. #4
    Biff
    Guest

    Lions Club Project Help Needed - Excel problem

    Hi!

    "Flip" your data while it's still in Excel.

    If the data is in the range A1:A10:

    Select the range A2:A10.
    Edit>Copy
    Select cell B1
    Edit>Paste Special>Transpose>OK

    Then you can delete A2:A10

    Now to paste that into a Word document:

    Select the range A1:J1
    Edit>Copy
    Open your Word document
    Edit>Paste Special>Unformatted Unicode Text>OK

    Biff

  5. #5
    Kassie
    Guest

    RE: Lions Club Project Help Needed - Excel problem

    To paste from Excel into Word, do the following:
    In Excel, select the range you want to copy, say A1:E20
    Press <Ctrl><C>
    Go to Word
    Click on Edit|Paste Special, then on the list of possible paste options,
    scroll down to Unformatted text, and press Enter. Your text will be pasted
    as tab delibited text. In Word, you can then again convert this to tables if
    you want.

    To transpose from top-to-bottom to left-to-right, select the range you want
    to transpose, say A1:A20. Press <Ctrl><C>, move to cell B1, click on
    Edit|Paste Special, and when yoiu get to the options, tick Transpose, almost
    right at the bottom of the form. Press Enter, or click on OK

  6. #6
    redbelly
    Guest

    Re: Lions Club Project Help Needed - Excel problem

    Tony,

    When you are ready to paste the items into Word, instead do the
    following:

    Click the "Edit" menu at the top of the window.
    Click on "Paste Special" (not the same as "Paste").
    Choose "Unformatted Text" from the list of options.

    That will give you just the text, without the cell outlines.

    Mark

  7. #7
    AlfD
    Guest

    Re: Lions Club Project Help Needed - Excel problem

    Hi!

    Try copying and pasting the info as a picture.

    Select the text you want to copy : press Shift and at the same time
    click Edit.
    Choose Copy as picture. Go to Word: ctrl +V to paste it in. You Can
    size the picture to suit.

    On your second point: select the column of data: copy it.
    Now go to an empty cell outside your data area (eg b1 if your data is
    in column A) . Edit > Paste Special check the box which says Transpose.
    OK.

    Alf

  8. #8
    Dave O
    Guest

    Re: Lions Club Project Help Needed - Excel problem

    Hi, Tony-
    The conversion from "top-to-bottom" to "left-to-right" is called
    Transpose in Excel. Copy the range of data, right-click, choose Paste
    Special, and check the Transpose box.

    Here's one way to paste *just* the data, without the gridlines and
    formatting provided by Excel. Copy the data from Excel, but add an
    extra step: open Notepad, and paste there. That will remove all the
    Excel overhead. Then copy the data again, this time from Notepad, and
    paste into Word.

    Good luck with the auction!

    Dave O

  9. #9

    Re: Lions Club Project Help Needed - Excel problem

    Thanks

    I got it figured out

    Tony