Excel Help for Non-Profit Needed - Lions Club Project

  1. #1

    Excel Help for Non-Profit Needed - Lions Club Project

    I hope I have the right group for this question.

    I am Radio Auction Chairman in the Rayne Lions Club in Louisiana and I
    am working with Excel to enter all the items for our Live Radio
    Auction.

    I have entered all auction items in Excel and now I want to copy &
    paste
    the information into a word document. When I copy & insert the column,
    it also paste the cells. I need just the information for the
    newspapers.

    Can I just copy & paste just into information into a word file
    without the cells?

    Also, if I have listed the items from top to bottom in a column, is
    there any way to flip the info fron top-bottom to left-right
    across the top.

    I know Excel is a powerful program and I work with it on a limited
    basis.

    Thanks for any and all help.
    Tony

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Excel Help for Non-Profit Needed - Lions Club Project

    See many replies in .misc

    Biff

  3. #3
    NC
    Guest

    Re: Excel Help for Non-Profit Needed - Lions Club Project

    Dear Tony,

    Ans1 In word you can use the
    Table>Convert>Table to Text to get rid of the cells. This can be used
    only if you are pasting only one single column. If you r pasting more
    columns & then try this you will loose the formatting regarding the
    space between columns.

    Ans2 Fliping the information in column.
    It seems that you want to transpose & not Flip the contents.
    For this you have to copy the cells & then paste special the cells
    using right click>paste special. Check the box with "Transpose Lable".
    <note: Please note Excel have only 256 columns>

    Hope this helps

    Regards
    NC

  4. #4

    Re: Excel Help for Non-Profit Needed - Lions Club Project

    Hi Tony

    Greetings from sunny Zimbabwe!

    I'm not sure what exactly you mean by "also paste the cells"

    However try the following:
    1. create a new blank sheet in your workbook
    2. select the information you wish to copy from the 'old' sheet
    3. press Ctl-C
    4. go to A1 in the 'new' sheet
    5. right-click and choose Paste Special then choose Values

    You should be able to copy and paste from the 'new' sheet to word.

    As to the second request for flipping the info fron top-bottom to
    left-right, have a look at the Transpose option of Paste Special.

    HTH
    Alan

  5. #5
    Ariel
    Guest

    Re: Excel Help for Non-Profit Needed - Lions Club Project

    Tony,

    To paste it without the cells in Word, Copy it in Excel and then Paste
    Special-Unformatted text into Word. (Shortcut: Alt, then e (for edit),
    then s (for paste special), then u (for Unformatted text), then Enter).

    To transpose your text in Excel (top-bottom to left-right), you can
    either use the paste-special transpose or the Transpose function. To
    do Paste Special Transpose type Alt-e-s-e (in that order) and then
    Enter. The disadvantage to this is that it will not dynamically
    update.

    Let's say your range was from A1:B6 and you wanted to transpose it and
    have it dynamically update in cells D1:I2. You would select the range
    D1:I2 and then write =Tranpose($A$1:$B$6) and then hit
    control-shift-enter (all at once).

    Best of luck - Ariel

  6. #6
    Chris Rogers
    Guest

    Re: Excel Help for Non-Profit Needed - Lions Club Project

    Select the information to be copied in Excel and select Edit/Copy.

    Open Word and select Edit/Paste Special and select Text

    To do the top bottom / left right flip, you'll want to past first into
    Excel, using the Paste Special function and select the transpose
    checkbox.

  7. #7

    Re: Excel Help for Non-Profit Needed - Lions Club Project

    Thanks

    I got it figured out

    Tony