can you hide rows with a formula?

  1. #1
    david
    Guest

    can you hide rows with a formula?

    on my last sheet there should be an overview of the data selected by the
    user. If the user doesnt select all the blocks with data because he thus
    not need that particular block. There will be empty rows between the
    information on the last sheet!
    I need all the info under each other, so that the user will have a short
    clear overview that will fit on 1 page to print. (this should be all
    automatic).

    Is this possible by hiding the empty rows with a formula? Or is there
    another way?

    (The sow called empty rows do contain formulas that hide the data blocks
    that the user thus not need)

    Please help me I have tried so many things and still without resold.

    Greets david

  2. #2
    You'll have to bear with me because charts aren't one of my strong points to say the least !!

    The only way you can hide rows (set their width to zero) is either manually, or a macro.

    That brings us to the question, can you run a macro from a formula.
    Well no, but... see thread Can I start a macro from a cell by using a formula

  3. #3
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: can you hide rows with a formula?

    You can't hide rows with a formula but try data?filter>autofilter

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...