Create stacked columns chart but with 2 columns for each x axis?

  1. #1
    PSM
    Guest

    Create stacked columns chart but with 2 columns for each x axis?

    I need to create a chart with stacked columns, but I need 2 values for x
    axis. Here is what I need exactly.

    Month Column1a Column1b Column2a Column2b
    Jan 2005 125 50 85 30
    Feb 2005 273 99 49 21
    Mar 2005 148 64 59 88
    Apr 2005 204 12 167 102

    whereby the x axis is the month
    and the first stacked column is 1a and 1b
    and the second stacked column is 2a and 2b.

    Can someone send me or direct me to somplace where I can get step by step
    instructions.

    Thanks much.

  2. #2
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: Create stacked columns chart but with 2 columns for each x axis?

    PSM,

    Try rearranging you data to look like below. Assume this example covers the
    range A1:D9. The letters A and B are titles in cells C1 and D1.

    A B
    Jan 2005 Title1 125 50
    Title2 85 30
    Feb 2005 Title1 273 99
    Title2 49 21
    Mar 2005 Title1 148 64
    Title2 59 88
    Apr 2005 Title1 204 12
    Title2 167 102

    Put your curser in cell A1 and select the range A1:D9. Create a stacked
    column chart with the Chart Wizard. Be sure to choose "Series in Columns".

    ----------------------------
    Regards,
    John Mansfield
    http://www.pdbook.com

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Create stacked columns chart but with 2 columns for each x axis?

    Here are some more relevant links:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...sterStack.html

    - Jon
    -------