post code on col1 & list of suburbs in col2 - what is the formula

  1. #1
    varun
    Guest

    post code on col1 & list of suburbs in col2 - what is the formula

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    VLOOKUP

  3. #3
    varun
    Guest

    RE: VLOOKUP

    "Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

    Hi Peo
    sorry,it did not
    'll review the question - may be u can give me a formula
    1. row1 -10 contain same post code number
    2. row 1-10 contains names of the various post code
    3.can you please help me with a formula where single post code combines all
    the suburbs in a cell separated by a formula
    4. please note that number of suburbs (text) in a single post code varies
    need ur help
    thanks

    varun

  4. #4
    varun
    Guest

    RE: VLOOKUP

  5. #5
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: VLOOKUP

    Sorry, I don't understand your question, same postcode in all rows?

    can you give an example like

    postcode sub
    postcode sub
    postcode sub
    postcode sub
    postcode sub

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: post code on col1 & list of suburbs in col2 - what is the formula

    what is the original data locations, example. You have to describe
    exactly what you have, and what you want. However you will probably
    find what you need to answer your question in
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm
    ---
    HTH,