Conditional Formatting with two Spreadsheets

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    Canada

    Question Conditional Formatting with two Spreadsheets

    Hi,

    I have a workbook with Spreadsheet1 and Spreadsheet2. I want to lookup the values in E5:E104 of Spreadsheet2, in range F5:K104 on Spreadsheet1, and if column K of Spreadsheet1 is greater than or equal to 1, then highlight the row in Spreadsheet2.

    VLOOKUP won't work because the numbers are not in order.

    Any suggestion?

    Thanks,
    Gos-C
    Last edited by Gos-C; 06-03-2005 at 03:23 PM.
    Using Excel 2010 & Windows 10
    "It is better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared."

  2. #2
    Gary Brown
    Guest

    RE: Conditional Formatting with two Spreadsheets

    Only addressing the vlookup issue.
    The 4th argument of vlookup (range_lookup) should be FALSE, then vlookup
    will work fine even w/o the data being in order.
    HTH,
    --
    Gary Brown
    [email protected]

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Canada
    I named F5:K104 of sheet1 RangeMayWk1, then entered =VLOOKUP(E5,RangeMayWk1,6,False) as the conditional formatting formula, but it didn't work. Any suggestion?

    Gos-C

  4. #4
    Gary Brown
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formatting with two Spreadsheets

    When you say 'it didn't work', what do you mean?

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor
    Canada
    Still seeking help . . .

    Gos-C

  6. #6

    Re: Conditional Formatting with two Spreadsheets

    You didn't answer Gary's question.

    But if you want to check to see if that value is > 1, then shouldn't that be
    part of your CF formula?

    =VLOOKUP(E5,RangeMayWk1,6,FALSE)>1

  7. #7
    Forum Contributor
    Canada
    May I send a sample of my work book to someone who would like to help me with the code?

    Thanks

  8. #8
    Gary Brown

  9. #9