My speadsheet won't change out of Read Only - Help!!

  1. #1
    Shelley Parkin
    Guest

    My speadsheet won't change out of Read Only - Help!!

    any help on how to change the read only option from an excell spreadshet
    would be greatly appreciated. I have been through properties etc and the read
    only option is NOT highlighted, so not sure whats going on.
    I am trying to create a spreadsheet but am not able to update it and save
    because of this read only problem

    regards

    Shelley Parkin

  2. #2

    Re: My speadsheet won't change out of Read Only - Help!!

    Excel talks to windows, too.

    If that file is marked as ReadOnly, then excel will respect that.

    If the file is on a drive that you only have Readonly access, then excel/windows
    knows that, too.

    Any chance???

  3. #3
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: My speadsheet won't change out of Read Only - Help!!

    Shelley

    Is the error 'The file is locked by xxx'?

    If so, try re-booting the machine to release the lock. If it is on a
    network, try getting other users to close it

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    [email protected]HIS

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Elannia
    Guest

    Re: My speadsheet won't change out of Read Only - Help!!

    Could you possibly do a Save As, rather than Save, and with a different
    name and use that file to make changes and update?

    --
    Elannia