Opening an Excel template from a 3rd party app

  1. #1
    TonyL
    Guest

    Opening an Excel template from a 3rd party app

    I am running a 3rd party app & have have created a menu item in this app
    which opens a Excel template. The only problem that it opens the Excel
    template and not a xls file based on the template & this causes sharing
    problems as multple users use this spreadsheet. Is there a switch or
    different command in the command line that I have to put in to open as an xls
    file?

    The command line I have is:

    Excel.Sheet.8, [Open("F:\Excel Forms\Application Form.xlt")]

    Using Excel 2002

    TIA
    --
    Tony

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: Opening an Excel template from a 3rd party app

    If I want to create a new document based on the template on my computer, I
    have to choose NEW instead of OPEN when I select the document. I don't
    know if this helps.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    TonyL
    Guest

    Re: Opening an Excel template from a 3rd party app

    Barb. I tried "New" in the command line & it worked!. Many thanks
    --
    Tony