Text Columns Negative Numbers Upgrade Excel?

  1. #1
    Dust Bun
    Guest

    Text Columns Negative Numbers Upgrade Excel?

    I am trying to do a text to columns operation on some data and I noticed an
    issue with a negative (-) sign. In Excel 2000, the wizard brings the - to
    the right of the cell, but in Excel 2002, Excel switches it automagically. I
    know many ways to fix this, but I was wondering if this might have something
    to do with the version of Excel. I might need to suggest an upgrade, but I
    would need to back this up.

    Thanks!!!

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Text Columns Negative Numbers Upgrade Excel?

    Excel 2002 did include this new option. The Advanced button on the third
    page of the wizard opens a dialog that has a "Trailing minus for negative
    numbers" option. This is set on by default so that's why you saw different
    parsing than in 2000.

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...