HOW MANY 'IF CONDITIONS' CAN BE USED IN ONE SUCH USAGE?

  1. #1
    Guest

    Re: HOW MANY 'IF CONDITIONS' CAN BE USED IN ONE SUCH USAGE?

    Hi

    Usually if you are nearing the maximum number of nested IFs (which is 7)
    there are better ways to get to what you want! Post what you have and what
    you are trying to achieve in detail and I'm sure you'll get some
    suggestions.

    --
    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  2. #2
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest

    Re: HOW MANY 'IF CONDITIONS' CAN BE USED IN ONE SUCH USAGE?

    The limit is 7 nested functions (IF or otherwise), which is clearly
    documented in Help for "Excel specifications and limits" subtopic
    "Calculation specifications"

    Jerry

  3. #3
    TMinter

    =?Utf-8?B?VXNlIG9mICdJRnMnIGluIE1TIEV4Y2VsLg==?= Wrote:
    > I have 5 by 7 matrix. If I use If statement it becomes to long. Will
    > MS-Excel
    > accept any number of 'IFs'? If so, how many 'IFs' can I use?
    > Thanks

    You can nest 7 If statements in one calculation

    --
    TMinterPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

  4. #4
    Guest