summary count of unique numbers

  1. #1
    Dave Edge
    Guest

    summary count of unique numbers

    I am trying to create a supplier delivery performance spreadsheet and I need
    to be able to show a count of the total number of unique orders placed for
    each supplier. The worksheet is sub-totalled on a count of the number of
    receipts made but one order can have one to many receipts.

    SuppNo OrderNo ReceiptNo
    123 9961 1
    456 9978 16
    456 9982 33
    789 9999 46
    789 9999 57

    Therefore SuppNo 123 has 1 Order(s) and 1 Receipt(s)
    456 2 2
    789 1 2

    Can anyone help me please!

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: summary count of unique numbers

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A200=456),B2:B200)

    for orders, change column B to C for recipts.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jim May
    Guest

    Re: summary count of unique numbers

    Bob:
    I tried an example of this, without success;
    All I get are "0"'s...
    Could you revisit your formula and verify
    that it is the correct approach.
    Thanks,
    Jim

  4. #4
    Jim May
    Guest

    RE: summary count of unique numbers

    Dave:
    I've come up with a solution which might get you what you want.
    It's in a small workbook where I show the required formulas.
    Write me at [email protected] if you would like to receive/review it, giving me
    your e-mail address that I might send it (as an attachment).
    Jim

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: summary count of unique numbers

    Jim,

    I don't get 0, but you are right, the formula doesn't do what the OP wants.
    This should do what was asked

    =SUM(--(FREQUENCY(IF(A2:A100=456,MATCH(B2:B100,B2:B100,0)),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"
    &ROWS(B2:B100))))>0))

    it is an array formula, so commit with ctrl-shift-enter

    RP

  6. #6
    Jim May
    Guest

    Re: summary count of unique numbers

    Bob,
    Thanks I've added your Update to my archive.
    Jim

    news:e%[email protected]...