How do I add a trend line to a stacked chart in Excel

  1. #1
    Marea in Canberra
    Guest

    How do I add a trend line to a stacked chart in Excel

    We are trying to add a trend line to a stacked chart in Excel but are having
    no luck.

  2. #2
    SludgeQuake
    Guest

    RE: How do I add a trend line to a stacked chart in Excel

    The one way I know to add a line to a stacked bar chart is to add the range
    containing the trend data as a new series to your chart (or create a new
    chart and add the trend line as if it were another section of the stacked
    bar). Right click on the data series containing the line information, click
    on chart type and select the line chart. (If your data doesn't line up
    one-to-one you may need to do something more creative with an xy chart type.)

    I learned about this stuff on the following web site:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/index.html