How to lookup when range contains multiple identical entries?

  1. #1
    Doug Laidlaw
    Guest

    How to lookup when range contains multiple identical entries?

    Here's a simple example of what I'm trying to do on a larger scale. I have a
    raw list of data as below. I rank them elsewhere and then I use a lookup
    function to find match the country to the value. The problem is that when I
    do a lookup on "10" it gives me Egypt every time because it is the first
    match that it finds. How do I get it to skip Egypt the next time "10" appears
    and to show UK, and then Russia, etc

    Example:
    China 25
    Egypt 10
    UK 10
    Germany 80
    Russia 10
    Spain 20
    Italy 5

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: How to lookup when range contains multiple identical entries?

    You can do Data > Filter > AutoFilter, and then click on the arrow at the top
    of your "Rank" column and select "10" and it will display all the rows that
    contain 10 in that column............Data > Filter > AutoFilter again to set
    everything back to normal.

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3