Borders nor underline commands remove an unusual underline. ??

  1. #1
    VideoFreak
    Guest

    Borders nor underline commands remove an unusual underline. ??

    My spreadsheet contains an unusual underline that I cannot remove.
    Neither the Borders or the Underline commands remove it.
    It is not the dotted line subscribing a page to be printed.
    I'm stumped.

  2. #2
    Check to see if you have hidden rows or rows that have been reduced in height.

    If the cursor is in a hidden row, it could appear to be an underline.

    Rows that have very little height could also look like underlines.

  3. #3

    Re: Borders nor underline commands remove an unusual underline. ??

    Maybe it's a very skinny shape...

    Show the drawing toolbar (View|toolbars)
    click on the arrow icon
    try to select that shape
    (hit the delete key if you select it and don't want it anymore)

    If that shape is from the control toolbox toolbar, you may have to show that
    toolbar and click on the design mode icon. Then use the arrow icon (from the
    drawing toolbar) to select it.

  4. #4

    Re: Borders nor underline commands remove an unusual underline. ??

    And it's not from Window|Freeze panes (or window|split), right?

  5. #5
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Borders nor underline commands remove an unusual underline. ??

    Try Edit-->Go to-->Special-->Objects. Hit Delete.
    If that works, but removes other objects you wanted, then use the drawing
    toolbar selector tool to select it and delete it.
    Hope it helps!
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com
    Check out the NEWsgroup stats!