How to not show save dialog after reading from excel file.

  1. #1
    philg1984
    Guest

    How to not show save dialog after reading from excel file.

    I am working on a project where around 15000 excel files will be opened,
    values read from them and then closed using Visual C Sharp 2005. I have the
    problem that when the workbooks are closed they are opening a save/save as
    file dialogue box. Obviously i do not want to sit there for 15000 files and
    press this. Any ideas how to disable it? Thanks

  2. #2
    sebastienm
    Guest

    RE: How to not show save dialog after reading from excel file.

    Hi,
    Try closing the file by explicitely saying 'No Save', in vba ity would be:

    DIm wkb as workbook
    wkb.Save False 'False meaning 'do not save'
    Set wkb = Nothing

    If that doesn't work, prior to closing, you could try setting the Saved
    property to true.
    Wkb.Saved = True 'meaning the book is not dirty.

    I hope this helps,
    Sébastien
    <http://www.ondemandanalysis.com>