Incrementing numbers

  1. #1
    Floyd107
    Guest

    Incrementing numbers

    Hi group,

    I need to enter a number in a cell and have other cells in the worksheet
    update automatically from the base number.

    Initial number -
    BR06/0358

    Output required each in different cells-
    BR06/0358/1
    BR06/0358/2
    BR06/0358/3 etc. etc. up to maximum /12

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. If it makes it any easier the initial
    number could be input as BR06/0358/0 although I'd prefer not to.

    I'm using excel 2000

    Thanks
    Martin

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Incrementing numbers

    Hi Martin,

    =IF(LEN(A1)=9,A1&"/1",LEFT(A1,10)&RIGHT(A1,1)+1)

    Copy down
    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    MartinW
    Guest

    Re: Incrementing numbers

    Many thanks Niek, it works a treat!!!
    When I get a chance I'll sit down and work out how it functions. For the
    time being I'll just put it to good use.

    Thanks again,
    Martin