how can I convert scanned data into usable numbers in excel?

  1. #1
    lk0119
    Guest

    how can I convert scanned data into usable numbers in excel?

    We scan satisfaction data and send it to an excel spreadsheet. When I cut
    and paste the data into a spreadsheet that tallies the information, the
    scanned data is apparently not recognized as numbers as it will not
    calculate. Any ideas. I've tried changing the format and pasting just the
    values and this has not worked.

  2. #2
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: how can I convert scanned data into usable numbers in excel?

    You have to process your image data thru an OCR (Optical Caracter
    Recognition) program

    AP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: how can I convert scanned data into usable numbers in excel?

    If they are text looking like numbers, copy an empty cell, select the
    import and do edit>paste special and select add

    Peo Sjoblom

    http://nwexcelsolutions.com

    news:[email protected]...