excel template inherit

  1. #1

    excel template inherit

    Is there a way (maybe a setting) that will make worksheets inherit
    changes of the template that they were created from?

    So, if I were to modify the template - all of its "children" would also
    be modified?

  2. #2
    Doug Kanter
    Guest

    Re: excel template inherit

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Is there a way (maybe a setting) that will make worksheets inherit
    > changes of the template that they were created from?
    >
    > So, if I were to modify the template - all of its "children" would also
    > be modified?

    That would be extremely useful! If nobody responds with that exact
    solution, perhaps this would work: Record a macro as you make changes to one
    of the "children", and then modify it as necessary so it works generically
    for any sheet, instead of just the one you were working on. Attach the code
    to a toolbar button. This assumes, of course, that all cell locations where
    changes occur are identical in all sheets.

  3. #3
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: excel template inherit

    Unlike Word, there is no link between a workbook and the template
    from which it was created. There is no way that changes made to
    the template file will change the workbooks which are based on
    the template.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

  4. #4
    Doug Kanter
    Guest

    Re: excel template inherit

    Using VBA, is there a way to scan every cell in a workbook or template,
    determine what formats are in place, and assign variables to each bit of
    information?

    news:[email protected]...