Mailto or URL links in spreadsheet no longer work

  1. #1

    Mailto or URL links in spreadsheet no longer work

    Out of the blue, my brother says mailto links and urls no longer work
    from within an Excel spreadsheet. i.e. click on the email address & it
    should open the mail client. He gets an error message related to
    security saying go to the administrator. I guess this is a security
    problem from XP, but I am clueless as to how he can fix it.

    Thanks
    Greg

    If you can remember the 60's....you weren't really there

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Mailto or URL links in spreadsheet no longer work

    You can turn off automatic generation of hyperlinks on or off in Excel 2002
    and up under Tools, Autocorrect Options...,

    --
    ---
    HTH,