Comparing data between sheets, and copying rows with data

  1. #1
    Fleone
    Guest

    Comparing data between sheets, and copying rows with data

    I have a list of data on one worksheet, I want to compare the values in this
    list of data with values in another column of a different worksheet. When
    there is a match between these values I would like to copy the row from the
    second worksheet to a completely different worksheet. I have seen some
    examples of finding data, and copying data, but do not really have a full
    enough understanding of the principles to make this work. In a nutshell I
    want to look at sheet 1 column A, compare these values with sheet 2 column M
    and if there is a match found copy the row that contains the match from sheet
    2 to sheet 3. Can this be done?
    Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    RE: Comparing data between sheets, and copying rows with data

    Sub copyData()
    dim rng1 as Range, rng2 as Range
    Dim cell as Range, rw as Long
    Dim sh as Worksheet
    With worksheets("Sheet1")
    set rng1 = .Range(.Cells(1,"A"),.Cells(.rows.count,"A").End(xlup))
    End With
    With worksheets("Sheet2")
    set rng2 = .Range(.Cells(1,"M"),.Cells(.rows.count,"M").End(xlup))
    End With
    set sh = Worksheets("Sheet3")
    rw = 1
    for each cell in rng2
    if application.countif(rng1,cell) > 0 then
    cell.EntireRow.copy sh.Cells(rw,"A")
    rw = rw + 1
    end if
    Next