[SOLVED] Linking Tables between sheets

  1. #1
    BobD
    Guest

    [SOLVED] Linking Tables between sheets

    I want my Excel file to have 2 sheets with 2 tables.

    I want the 2nd Sheet’s Table to be LINKED to the 1st (so when I update the
    1st, the 2nd auto-updates).

    Just FYI, I’m planning to hide some rows/columns on the 2nd sheet, but still
    want it to be linked to & auto-updated from sheet 1’s table.

    Is this possible in Excel?

    Bob.

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Linking Tables between sheets

    hi Bob,

    yes it's possible,

    just put on the sheet2
    =sheet1!range

    range = the source cell of sheet1

    eg if you would like the cell a2 on sheet 2 shows the cell a2 on sheet 1
    result

    =sheet1!a2

    hide rows or columns will not have influence on the formulas

    hth
    regards from Brazil

  3. #3
    SteveW
    Guest

    Re: Linking Tables between sheets

    On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 15:49:02 +0100, Marcelo
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > hi Bob,
    >
    > yes it's possible,
    >
    > just put on the sheet2
    > =sheet1!range
    >
    > range = the source cell of sheet1
    >
    > eg if you would like the cell a2 on sheet 2 shows the cell a2 on sheet 1
    > result
    >
    > =sheet1!a2
    >
    > hide rows or columns will not have influence on the formulas
    >
    > hth
    > regards from Brazil

    easy to type = into cell in 2nd sheet and then click on the required cell
    in the first sheet.

    Then drag the formula around sheet2 to copy the formula

    Steve

    --
    Steve (3)