Change data from one cell to another cell

  1. #1
    tmitchell
    Guest

    Change data from one cell to another cell

    How can I automatically change data entered in cell A1 (32454521) into a
    dollar amount in cell A2 ($16.25)? Thanks for your guidance!

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Change data from one cell to another cell

    Since you don't give much detail, my GUESS is that this is some part number
    and you want to lookup the price. If so, look in the help index for VLOOKUP

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    SteveW
    Guest

    Re: Change data from one cell to another cell

    Is this the only forum where part of the puzzle
    is actually trying to work out what the question really is

    --
    Steve (3)

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Change data from one cell to another cell

    In A2 enter =A1/1997201.292

    Format as Currency

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  5. #5
    Chuck Davis
    Guest

    Re: Change data from one cell to another cell

    SteveW,
    Nope! I regularly visit about 12 of these newsgroups, it happens everywhere.
    Most individuals could find the answer with the F1 key, IF they knew what
    the question was.