Problems saving a worksheet with links to a New Location

  1. #1
    Guest

    Problems saving a worksheet with links to a New Location

    Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue ... I have a directory which
    contains 129 worksheets which have links to external data (in a Master
    Spreadsheet) -- I need to copy these files into a New Directory, but kee the
    Master Spreadsheet (which they are linked to) in the original location. If
    I do a simple Cut & Past, the Reference Link to the Master Spreadsheet gets
    moved to the New Directory (where the file does not exist), but if I open
    the worksheet (in the original directory/location) and Save As to the New
    Directory, the worksheet saved in the New Directory maintains its link to
    the Master Spreadsheet in the original directory/location. I hope I've
    explained this clearly.

    Here's my problem -- it's a bit time consuming to have to open each and
    every worksheet and Save As to the New Location -- I'm not sure if a Batch
    File (or Dos Command xcopy) would solve this -- Is there some code I could
    use to Open each worksheet, Save As to the New directory, Close, then
    perform this on each of the .xls files in the original directory? If so,
    could you please point me in the direction with an example of the code.

    Example:

    Files in C:\Temp (a.xls, b.xls, c.xls) Copied to C:\Budget

    Many Thanks in Advance.

  2. #2

    Re: Problems saving a worksheet with links to a New Location

    You have a few replies to your other posts.