[SOLVED] Reformating a column and getting it to apply

  1. #1
    Thansal
    Guest

    [SOLVED] Reformating a column and getting it to apply

    My full problem is that I have a couple txt files that I need to work
    with in Excel, however druning the import I can't get a custom format
    for a column. Because of this I have to import a column that should
    always be a 4 digit class code as text, I would then like to reformat
    it to simply be stored as a custom format of the style "0000".

    My problem is that once I aply the new format I then have to go through
    ever cell and "F2, enter, F2, Enter, etc". Is there some way to
    "refresh" a column/row/selection of cells?

    Thank you

    AlexV

  2. #2
    Sloth
    Guest

    RE: Reformating a column and getting it to apply

    Copy a blank cell. Highlight the cells you want to change to numbers. Right
    click the selection and select paste special. Select "add" under "operation"
    and click ok.

  3. #3
    Thansal
    Guest

    Re: Reformating a column and getting it to apply

    ah HA!

    awsome, thank you Sloth!