edit directly in cell in Excel 2007

  1. #1
    Andrea
    Guest

    edit directly in cell in Excel 2007

    Hi,

    in Excel 2003 I disable the "Edit directly in cell" option so that when I
    double-click on a cell that has a formula link

    ='Sheet1'A23

    the cursor goes to cell A23 of Sheet1. It is very useful for me to nabvigate
    among my formula.
    I'm searching the same option in Excel 2007 but I really cannot find it..

    Thanks a lot!
    Andrea

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: edit directly in cell in Excel 2007

    Hi Andrea

    This is a big as far as I know in 2007
    Hope they fixed it in the beta refresh ?

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    Andrea
    Guest

    Re: edit directly in cell in Excel 2007

    let's hope so!

    Thanks a lot!
    Andrea

  4. #4
    Andrea
    Guest

    RE: edit directly in cell in Excel 2007

    Found!!

    right click on the ribbon
    customize quick access toolbar
    Double click allows editing directly in cell

    ciao!
    Andrea

  5. #5
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: edit directly in cell in Excel 2007

    Andea

    That's the correct option and both these ways take four clicks, but the
    route you took to the 'options' area is more normally

    Office Button>Excel Options>Advanced>Double click allows editing directly in
    cell.

    I appreciate there is always more than 'one way to skin a cat', but the
    reference to the QAT takes you to the customisation tab to customise the QAT
    and could confuse

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    www.nickhodge.co.uk
    [email protected]HIS

  6. #6
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: edit directly in cell in Excel 2007

    Yes you are right that it is working now
    Beta 1 not I believe