Lotus had buttons (icons) for first & last cell does excell?

  1. #1
    Marty
    Guest

    Lotus had buttons (icons) for first & last cell does excell?

    Lotus used to have two icons, one that took you to the first cell of the
    sheet and the second that took you to the last used cell of the sheet. ARe
    there icons in excel for this?

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: Lotus had buttons (icons) for first & last cell does excell?

    Marty

    No Icon, but Ctrl+Home, Ctrl+End is the same thing

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    www.nickhodge.co.uk
    [email protected]HIS

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    SteveW
    Guest

    Re: Lotus had buttons (icons) for first & last cell does excell?

    On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 16:31:01 +0100, Marty =

    =

    > ARe
    > there icons in excel for this?

    No, but Ctrl+Home and Ctrl+End work for me - though this isn't always th=
    e =

    default setting (iirc)

    -- =

    Steve (3)

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Lotus had buttons (icons) for first & last cell does excell?

    No buttons.

    CTRL + Home will take you to A1.

    CTRL + End will take you to last cell in used range.

    Be aware that Excel has a habit of over-estimating the used range, so CTRL + End
    can take you to some pretty strange places.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  5. #5
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Lotus had buttons (icons) for first & last cell does excell?

    And if Window>Freeze Panes is turned on, Ctrl+Home will activate the
    first cell in the non-frozen part of the window.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures

  6. #6
    SteveW
    Guest

    Re: Lotus had buttons (icons) for first & last cell does excell?

    Neat little function I picked up (probably here)

    Sub Set_Sheet_Size()
    ActiveSheet.UsedRange
    End Sub

    Useful after you have redued the working size of the sheet, deleted =

    unwanted columns etc etc
    click on the *real last cell* and run the function

    Steve

    On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 17:17:58 +0100, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> =

    wrote:

    > No buttons.
    >
    > CTRL + Home will take you to A1.
    >
    > CTRL + End will take you to last cell in used range.
    >
    > Be aware that Excel has a habit of over-estimating the used range, so =

    =

    > CTRL + End
    > can take you to some pretty strange places.
    >

    > Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
    >

    > On Sat, 8 Jul 2006 08:31:01 -0700, Marty =

    > <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Lotus used to have two icons, one that took you to the first cell of =

    the
    >> sheet and the second that took you to the last used cell of the sheet=

    .. =