Display contents of cell in another cell as part of text string?

  1. #1

    Display contents of cell in another cell as part of text string?

    How can I display the contents of a cell in another as part of a text
    string.

    Such as... "The answer is "B4""

    where B4 is the contents of cell B4?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Forum Expert daddylonglegs's Avatar
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    14,675
    Try

    ="The answer is "&B4

    or, if you want to format B4 in a specific way e.g. with 2 decimal places something like

    ="The answer is "&TEXT(B4,"###.00")

  3. #3
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: Display contents of cell in another cell as part of text string?

    Try this:

    ="The answer is "&B4

    Note <space> after "is".
    --

    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    SteveW

    On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 19:32:21 +0100, <[email protected]> wrote:

    > How can I display the contents of a cell in another as part of a text
    > string.
    >
    > Such as... "The answer is "B4""
    >
    > where B4 is the contents of cell B4?
    >
    > Thanks