stacked bar chart with percentages

  1. #1

    stacked bar chart with percentages

    I have a time series stacked bar chart that consists of three products. I would like the labels for each product to show that product's percentage of the total of the three products. How can I go about accomplishing this? I've seen previous repsonses to similar posts that recommend plotting the percentages, but I don't think that alone would solve my problem. I would still like to show the trend of the three products total, which wouldn't be available if I plot the percentages only, as all bars would equal 100%. Thanks for any help provided.

  2. #2
    Gklass
    Guest

    Re: stacked bar chart with percentages

    name wrote:

    Interesting problem. The Y-axis scale and the data series you want to
    plot should be the raw number data.

    I think the best way to do it would be to plot the raw data and then use
    the J-Walk chart labeller to label the percentages on each bar segment.

  3. #3
    Thanks for the tip. Had never heard of j-walk before. Great site.