+ Reply to Thread

Drop Down list Help

Drop Down list Help

Hi, i really need some help with drop down lists.

What im trying to do is have one worksheet that has a vertical list of names for ex.
    mel
    aaron
    hannah
    but i want to be able to continue adding names to this list that will appear on a drop down list on another worksheet.
    I know how to make a drop down list and have it work from another worksheet. What i want to know is can i make a drop down list based on the continually adding data on the first worksheet?
    Thanks and i hope i this is enough information!

Forum Contributor
    Hi,

You can do it by using dynamic named range. First define a new named range:

Please Login or Register  to view this content.
    and give it a name, let's say "list"

The above formula works fine if your list starts from Sheet1!A1 and has no blank cells in it (and nothing else in Sheet1!A:A under the list itself).

Secondly use the named range "list" in your drop down box. You can use it in Data Validation -> List or in Form Control -> Combo Box.

To use it in Data Validation, select a cell (or cells) you want to appy it to. Select Data -> Validation, change Data Validation criteria to List and in Source type "=list" and press OK.

In Form Cotrols Combo Box, first insert a Combo Box. The right click it and choose Format Cotrol. In Cotrol tab, type "list" in Input Range and press OK.

Hope this helps.

- Asser

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information