+ Reply to Thread

Better Report Manager solution than Microsoft's Report Manager add-in?

Better Report Manager solution than Microsoft's Report Manager add-in?

Hi guys and gals,

I'm trying to help my manager with a problem. We have a number of rather large excel files that contain budgets/forecasts of a large number of small companies that operate under us. To give you an idea, we can have 30+ worksheets in a single excel file. The nice thing is, we setup each worksheet identically. So, for example, the 2009 forecast for company x, y, and z are all in the same range of cells on each worksheet.

I tried to use MS's report manager add-in to remember the print ranges for certain reports so i can print the reports i need with just a click of a button. However, it doesn't seem to work if your reports span multiple tabs. If i select the 2009 forecast on 13 different tabs, i can't create a custom view with the print area set for all the tabs.

Anyone have a better solution? Thanks in advance!

Forum Guru
    MS-Off Ver
    Depending on your layout and exactly what you want to print, you can Group all of the sheet tabs (hold down CNTRL and click on all relevant tabs or SHFT and click the last tab), then highlight the range you want to print in the first sheet (which should be the same range in all sheets) and then Print Selection.

ChemistB

Quote Originally Posted by ChemistB
    Depending on your layout and exactly what you want to print, you can Group all of the sheet tabs (hold down CNTRL and click on all relevant tabs or SHFT and click the last tab), then highlight the range you want to print in the first sheet (which should be the same range in all sheets) and then Print Selection.

ChemistB
    Thanks for the reply chemistb... is there a way to do it for ranges that aren't necessarily the same across all worksheets? And save it for future printings?

Hello... anyone have an answer? Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information