+ Reply to Thread

solve this sum problem

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003

Question solve this sum problem

dear all,
    this is varun,plz help me to solve this sum problem.this is the increment sheet & when a worker present 31 days he gets 200/- increment in his monthly salary.& when a worker present only 30 days ,he gets 100/- & if he present below 30days he gets nothing.
    when I use =if(a2=31,"200",if(a2=30,"100","0")). this formula is working but problem is when i get increment it is not being sum the column of =sum(b2:b4) it shows 0.
    plz help me to short out this sum problem.

thanks & best regards
    varun
    [email protected]
    Attached Files Attached Files

Forum Expert
    MS-Off Ver
    XL2003 / 2007 / 2010

re: solve this sum problem

Hi,
    remove the double quotes around the numbers in your formula, otherwise XL sees them as text

MS-Off Ver
    Xp; 2007; 2010

re: solve this sum problem

Your post does not comply with Rule 1 of our Forum RULES. Your post title should accurately and concisely describe your problem, not your anticipated solution. Use terms appropriate to a Google search. Poor thread titles, like Please Help, Urgent, Need Help, Formula Problem, Code Problem, and Need Advice will be addressed according to the OP's experience in the forum: If you have less than 10 posts, expect (and respond to) a request to change your thread title. If you have 10 or more posts, expect your post to be locked, so you can start a new thread with an appropriate title.
    To change a Title on your post, click EDIT then Go Advanced and change your title, if 2 days have passed ask a moderator to do it for you.

Title edited this time
    Hope that helps.

RoyUK
    --------
    For Excel Tips & Solutions, free examples and tutorials why not check out my web site

Free DataBaseForm example

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information