+ Reply to Thread

Excel 2007 : Excel and Power Point

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

Excel and Power Point

Hi...I have a question that I'm having a hard time finding an answer for. I've spent WAY too much time trying to figure this out and I'm at my wits end...

I don't know if this is more of an Excel question or a PowerPoint question...

I'm trying to embed an Excel worksheet into a Powerpoint slide. I go to Insert...then Object...and pull up the file. The worksheet shows up...however, if I try to expand the window to include more columns, the worksheet automatically zooms up (enlarges) and cuts off the columns I'm trying to show. How do I keep it from automatically zooming in??? I want to be able to expand the window to include all the columns I need! This is driving me nuts...

Thanks for any help/suggestions you may have...

J

MS-Off Ver
    O365

Re: Excel and Power Point

double click the worksheet object so it is open and you can access the cells.
    Now use the sizing handles to increase the size of the object to reveal more cells.

When you close the object is should show more detail rather than be zoomed.
    Cheers
    Andy
    www.andypope.info

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

That's the problem, though--after I adjust the size to reveal more cells, the whole worksheet enlarges automatically and the cells that I just revealed disappear.

I'm wondering if there's some option I can toggle off/on to keep that from happening...but I haven't found any...

MS-Off Ver
    O365

Can you post example. Detail the range currently showing and the new range required.

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

Here's an example...

It wouldn't let me upload the PowerPoint file, so hopefully this works:

Two files--one is .pdf showing two slides: the first shows the whole spreadsheet as it was when it was imported in (via: "Insert" - "Object"). This is the way I want it to look--with all columns showing.

The second slide is what it looks like if I double-click a number to change it. The Excel window opens up, enlarging the first several columns. However, there are 5 more columns to the right that should be included--I can't get them to show up. As soon as I drag the right-side border to include those 5 columns, it automatically enlarges and cuts them off again.

I've also included the Excel file. Again, I'd like the whole spreadsheet to show up on a slide, which it does initially (first slide)--but as soon as I open it up to change a number, I lose the five right-most columns.

Thanks for your help with this--I really appreciate it and hope you see something that I'm missing!

- Jeremy
    Attached Files Attached Files

MS-Off Ver
    O365

I found it works best if you Copy the data from Excel and Paste Special, link.
    You can then double click in PPT and edit in excel.

Copy Excel data or charts to PowerPoint
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/po...045551033.aspx

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information