+ Reply to Thread

Cell/sheet protection not working as expected

Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    Office XP and Office 2003

Question Cell/sheet protection not working as expected

I have a spreadsheet, where I used Format cells to lock the cells and then I used Tools Protection to lock the sheet. However, for some of the rows, I'm still able to change the data in those cells even when they say they are locked. It allows entries into locked cells.
    Is there something that could be overriding this protection?

Valued Forum Contributor ron2k_1's Avatar
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003, 2007

Re: Cell/sheet protection not working as expected

This may help

So you're saying that even after ensuring that under Format Cells, the Lock Cells box is checked, and protecting with password, you are still able to change cell contents?

Unprotect your worksheet, and then when you protect it again on the Protect Sheet dialog box, under the section that says "Allow all users of this worksheet to:" ensure that you untick what you do not want other people to do

Hope this got you somewhere.
    Last edited by ron2k_1; 06-04-2010 at 04:31 PM.
    Ron
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato and pepper are fruits. Wisdom is knowing whether to put these in a fruit salad

Kindly

[1] Use code tags. Place "[code]" before the first line of code and "[/code"]" after the last line of code. Exclude quotation marks
    [2] Mark your post [SOLVED] if it has been answered satisfactorily by editing your original post in advanced mode.
    [3] Thank (using the little scale) those that provided useful help; its nice and its very well appreciated

Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    Office XP and Office 2003

We have things unticked to not allow them to enter data into the cells. Some cells do this and some don't. We only have the first 5 options selected (Select and Format options).

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003

Quote Originally Posted by LAF View Post
    We have things unticked to not allow them to enter data into the cells. Some cells do this and some don't. We only have the first 5 options selected (Select and Format options).
    Hi, were u able to solve this problem, I am also facing a similar problem (attached Excel File). In the attached file, Cell A1 is editable even if the worksheet is locked and protected whereas Cell A2 behaves expectedly... Can somebody help me please...

Thanks & Regards,

Raajesh N
    Last edited by Raajesh; 09-24-2010 at 01:06 AM. Reason: add attachment

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information