+ Reply to Thread

Best way to learn excel

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003

Best way to learn excel

I'm interested to know what advance users think the best way to learn excel is? I've been using excel for approx ten years on a daily basis however I never passed a certain threshold as my work never really required. I would love to learn how to IF commands, VLOOKUPS, macros and financial modelling but I'm not sure what's the best way to go about it. There are courses that run for a day or two at a time but I not a big fan of classroom courses.

What do others think?

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

Re: Best way to learn excel

I would say visiting this forum regularly and following threads that you are interested in is an excellent way to learn.

Pick a few and attempt to solve them and compare your methods with those that others give.

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

Have you looked at the training courses on Office.com? There are actually a lot of great courses avaliable to help you get started with some of the areas you mentioned. For example, take a look at this one on using VLOOKUP: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...101862716.aspx

MS-Off Ver

I second what Cutter says. I've learned a lot on here and still learn from the gurus and mods here.

Another thing to try is asking lots of questions, either on here or to the office Excel expert, if you have one. There's no such thing as a stupid Excel question here.

A third idea is there are some sites, like datapigtechnologies.com, that have free tutorial videos for a wide variety of Excel topics. You can pick which ones you're interested in and most are fairly short.
    Life is about perseverance. Remember: today's mighty oak tree is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

If you like a post, please rate it with the scales icon (top right).
    If you feel really indebted, please consider a donation to charity, such as Feed the Children or Habitat for Humanity.

MS-Off Ver
    Xp; 2007; 2010

Check this post
    Hope that helps.

RoyUK
    --------
    For Excel Tips & Solutions, free examples and tutorials why not check out my web site

Free DataBaseForm example

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information