+ Reply to Thread

Custom Random Number Generator

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003

Custom Random Number Generator

Hello, again! I figured out how to add the developers toolbar and button and check boxes and macros, etc... I neither have the patience nor the interest to learn how to program, though. So I'm hoping someone from this community might be willing to type a few lines of code really quick for me. First I'll need to provide the details:

I assume I need to enter the code in a macro and trigger the macro to play whenever the user click the "Randomize" button IF the "Use Random Rates" checkbox is checked. To clarify, if the "Use Random Rates" checkbox is not checked, clicking the "Randomize" button should produce no results and should not effect any other excel data.

I want the random number generator to have two inputs and one output. One input should be a cell for the user to specify a minimum value and the other input should be to specify a maximum value. The output should be the random value generated by the macro.

I don't know if this information is needed for the programming or not, but the input for minimum value is located at C14, and the maximum at C15. The output is at E8, and it may be necessary to overwrite an existing number in the output field. If possible, I'd like the default min. and max. input values to be 1 and 10, respectively. I'll include a screenshot as an attachment showing what I've just described for those of you who'd appreciate a visual aid. Your assistance is highly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Forum Moderator - RIP Richard Buttrey's Avatar
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 365, Excel for Windows 2010 & Excel for Mac

Re: Custom Random Number Generator

Hi,

Pictures are not much use, particularly pictures which don't even contain row numbers or column letters. Please see the forum advice about uploading actual files not jpgs. None of us want to recreate your workbook when you can simply upload it.

However you may find RANDBETWEEN() is what you want.

Regards
    Richard Buttrey

RIP - d. 06/10/2022

If any of the responses have helped then please consider rating them by clicking the small star icon below the post.

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003

Re: Custom Random Number Generator

I was unaware you'd need the entire workbook. If that is the case, however, here's the attachment.

If you do the VB code/macro for me, give me your full name if you'd like credit for it. Otherwise I'll just credit the "Excel Forum MS Office Application Help Community at www.excelforum.com."
    Attached Files Attached Files

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information