+ Reply to Thread

Scatter with smooth lines - Dual data over time (including unwritten null days)?

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2016

Scatter with smooth lines - Dual data over time (including unwritten null days)?

Greetings,

I am trying to do a visual chart using something like 'scatter with smooth lines', and I need this chart to include the days that have a null/0 value for both data sets.

First column = Data (YYYY/MM/DD)
    Second column = Dataset A
    Third column = Dataset B

First row = Headers for each column ("Date", "Chocolates eaten", "Pizza slices eaten")

Only the days that had activity were recorded. But I need the graph to show the days that I never recorded too.

In the end I want to be able to look at a graph showing a smooth-curve representation of both datasets on the same graph over time (to try and see if there are any emerging patterns such as particular times of the year or month certain events are prone to occur, etcetera). The "scatter with smooth lines" is useful because of the smooth curve, the projection line that can be added based on averages of the dataset(s), and because the curve will not be absolutely contrasting between days with 0 activity -> high activity -> 0 activity -> high activity. ;o

I've messed around with this for hours and I can't figure out how to do this.

Thanks, all help appreciated!

EDIT: Actually, nevermind. All I had to do was select the datasets+date and insert scatter. I wish I could somehow present it more nicely -- I have to make the width of the graph extremely huge so that it would show all data
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by BlueToast; 09-05-2011 at 02:58 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information