+ Reply to Thread

How to VLOOKUP w/matching data in 2 worksheets

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

How to VLOOKUP w/matching data in 2 worksheets

I have two worksheets--both have store numbers listed, but one is just an location list and the other includes call frequencies. I want to pull the call frequencies from the second worksheet onto the first. The store numbers start with column G2 on the location list, and A2 on the call frequencies sheet. The data on the call freq sheet that I want to copy to the location list are columns C,D & E through row 755..

The kicker is that a co-worker helped me with this, and his formula (which worked) was =VLOOKUP($G2,'Call Frequencies'!$A$2:$C$755,2,FALSE)

I continued adding information to the worksheet for several hours after sending it to him, so when I received it back with the formula, the original worksheet had had many changes (data in other columns, not the ones listed above) I tried to transfer the formula to my much more completed worksheet, yet the exact formula that worked on the earlier version now does not work, in spite of the fact that I changed no formatting or touched the columns in question. The formula simply sits in the cell, looking at me--I don't even get an error.

I am totally out of my league. Can anyone help?

MS-Off Ver
    Office 365

Re: How to VLOOKUP w/matching data in 2 worksheets

Hi hobbesey and welcome to the forum,

There is a icon to make calculations automatic or manual. It sounds like you have them set to manual.

See if these instructions help. If not then keep asking and well work harder for an answer
    http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...ns-manual.html
    One test is worth a thousand opinions.
    Click the * Add Reputation below to say thanks.

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

Thanks for the reply--I checked, and I was set to automatic...

MS-Off Ver
    Office 365

Hi, I guess to do a better job with this question, I need a sample workbook. You can attach a sample by clicking on the "Go Advanced" below the messagea area and then on the "Paper Clip Icon" above the message area.

MS-Off Ver

Try using the keyboard Shortcut CTRL + ` to show formulas in Excel. (` Grave Accent key is the one below the Escape Key on the far upper left side of the keyboard)
    Would you like to say thanks? Please click the: " Add Reputation" button, on the grey bar below the post.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information