+ Reply to Thread

paste cells without over writing

Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    0365 MSO Version 2109

paste cells without over writing

hello all,

i got in A1 B1 C1 and so on my table title and under i got different values so when i
    paste data from other sheet the values in A1 B1 C1 changes, so is there a way to
    protect this row to keep my titles fixed, so that when a table is pasted over ; values will not change at all , while all cells underneath can be changed ?

thank you

MS-Off Ver
    Darth Office 2010

Re: paste cells without over writing

Yes. Don't copy the data that would overwrite those cells from the other sheet.

Alternatively you can literally lock the cells by protecting the worksheet. Cells are locked when you do that by default so you need to unlock the ones you want to be able to edit under the cell format menu.

Dom
    "May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch..."

Use code tags when posting your VBA code: [code] Your code here [/code]

Remember, saying thanks only takes a second or two. Click the little star to give some Rep if you think an answer deserves it.

Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver

Re: paste cells without over writing

When you copy the data from other sheet, do not copy the title and while pasting click on A2 and paste. If you Click A1 and paste then your title will be replaced. So paste the data from A2.
    Hope it wil help you
    Appreciate clicking the * Add Reputation button on your left side, if you want say thanks to me

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information