+ Reply to Thread

Help!

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

Help!

Hi there, I have just taken a new job were I need to create a 4 week rota for a staff team of 8 people. I need to ensure that each person has their contracted hours for 4 weeks (say 156) and i need to be able to calculate every hour that i have put into the rota. I can do this on paper which is easy enough but time consuming and i want to create an excel document which will total the hours for me and save me lots of time. I have attached a copy of a typical rota. If i put into a cell 8/4 (as a service shift), is there a way of making excel read it as 8 hours? This way i can just drag accross someones shifts and it will just calculate their hours.

Any help much appreciated!!!

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Valued Forum Contributor khamilton's Avatar
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

Re: Help!

Please read and adhere to these simple rules!

1. Use concise, accurate thread titles. Your post title should describe your problem, not your anticipated solution. Use terms appropriate to a Google search. Poor thread titles, like Please Help, Urgent, Need Help, Formula Problem, Code Problem, and Need Advice will be addressed according to the OP's experience in the forum: If you have less than 10 posts, expect (and respond to) a request to change your thread title. If you have 10 or more posts, expect your post to be locked, so you can start a new thread with an appropriate title.

To change the title of the thread, click EDIT on the original post, then click the Go Advanced button, then change the title. If two or more hours have passed, the EDIT button will not appear, and you need to ask a moderator to change the title.
    Please acknowledge the response you receive, good or bad. If your problem is solved, please say so clearly, and mark your thread as Solved: Click the Edit button on your first post in the thread, Click Go Advanced, select [SOLVED] from the Prefix dropdown, then click Save Changes. If more than two days have elapsed, the Edit button will not appear -- ask a moderator to mark it.

MS-Off Ver
    365 ProPlus

Re: Help!

After renaming title as khamilton suggested, please upload example workbook rather then picture.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information