+ Reply to Thread

Barcode Scanner

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

Barcode Scanner

Hello, I am using a barcode reader in excel for the first time. When I scan something it enters and then goes to the cell below it as if it is inputting the data and then pressing ENTER. I need to go to next cell to the right as if I would input data and press TAB. How do I change this?
    Thanks.

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

Re: Barcode Scanner

Hello,

Barcode scanners can typically be programmed to insert one or more characters after the scan data. It appears that yours arrived with a default configuration to add a CR/LF (basically the Enter key) after the scan.

Take a look in the manual for a section on configuration settings. If you don't have a manual, poke around on line; most scanner manufacturers post their manuals for download. There should be a setting called "suffix" or something like that. You should be able to scan a couple of configuration barcodes from the manual to set the scanner to add a Tab character at the end of the data instead of the CR/LF.

That should move the cursor to the right instead of down.

Good luck!

Bob

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

Barcode Scanner rules

Hi,
    Trying to scan a barcode into excel cell 1 colum 1, then "tab" to next cell, add the qty from scanner keypad, then have an "enter" to send cursor to cell 2 column 1, starting the whole sequence over for the next SKU.
    Can you have multiple entry ADF rules ?
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information