+ Reply to Thread

multi column conditional formatting

Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    EXCEL 2013

multi column conditional formatting

Hi guys

sorry to bother you, but I have been stuck on this particular formula for the last week, and I don’t seem to be progressing any further, and I am hoping you can help

basically there are 6 columns, within these 6 columns there is various data. The data will either be a number or –. (-) is meant to show n/a, but for reporting purposes I need it to remain (-)

what I am trying to achieve with the formula ,

1)formula searches the multiple columns, and whatever the last number is within those column highlight that particular cell
    2) however only highlight the cell if it is higher than the average (which is also provided in the excel sheet) and this needs to be highlighted red

hope this is self explanatory , if you have any questions please contact me
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by masond3; 11-13-2011 at 01:23 PM.

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

Re: multi column conditional formatting

Select C4:H18 & use this formula in Conditional Formatting. Make sure C4 is the active cell.

=AND(ROWS(C$4:C4)=MATCH(9E+300,C$4:C$18),LOOKUP(9E+300,C$4:C$18)>C$23)

See the attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    EXCEL 2013

Re: multi column conditional formatting

Hi

Thank you for your help, when checking the formula it looks like column f doesn’t seem to be working.

I see that that the value of the cell is based on the averages which I have provided. If I take
    column c, row 4 for example which is currently -. If I type in a number higher than the average 11, eg 12 it automatically turns red (which is brilliant).

However I only want the cell highlighted red, if it’s the last stage and over the average

so if it take row 7, although E7 is higher than average 11, this shouldn’t be highlighted. However h7 should as it’s the last stage and its over the average

if I take row 13, g13 currently has a 12 in it, this is higher than the average of 8, once again this shouldn’t be highlighted as there is another stage, h12 should be highlighted red as it’s the last stage and its higher than the average of 21

row 14 ,h14 and row 15 h15 should be highlighted red as it over 21 day average

hope this makes it a lot clearly

also if there values already in there, will it automatically highlight a colour, or do I manually need to add the values in for the cell to be highlighted ?

regards

Daniel

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information