+ Reply to Thread

Excel 2007 : formula needed to copy multiple info frm one tab to another if criterial is satisfied

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003

formula needed to copy multiple info frm one tab to another if criterial is satisfied

I have a spreadsheet that details monthly state of sales leads. One of the cells called "status" can contain info such as Opportunity / Offer / Order / Registered Lead etc. When a cell says "offer" I want to then copy other information which will appear in this same row into a spreadsheet in another tab. Is this possible??

Please note, there will be multiple cells containaing the status "order".

Please let me know how to do this, I have been struggling for time now and this is getting really urgent...!!

ANY help much appreciated.
    Last edited by linzi; 01-11-2012 at 08:05 AM.

Forum Moderator - RIP Richard Buttrey's Avatar
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 365, Excel for Windows 2010 & Excel for Mac

Re: formula needed to copy multiple info frm one tab to another if criterial is satis

Hi,

A non macro way would be to add an additional sheet, filter the status column for the word 'offer', then just copy all the filtered rows to the other sheet. Of course if you do this frequently then you'll probably want to record a macro to do it automatically.

Regards
    Richard Buttrey

RIP - d. 06/10/2022

If any of the responses have helped then please consider rating them by clicking the small star icon below the post.

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003

Re: formula needed to copy multiple info frm one tab to another if criterial is satis

Hi Richard

I already have a filter on this column but I only want to take certain items from that row and copy it to another tab. This in turn should produce a summary of all orders, as well as some additional info. This will be a huge amount of information and it will be updated on a fortnightly basis so dont want to spend half a day inputing info then copy and pasting into another sheet...

Forum Moderator - RIP Richard Buttrey's Avatar
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 365, Excel for Windows 2010 & Excel for Mac

You'll need to tell us something about what you mean by 'certain items'.

Why not use Data Filter Advanced and put your 'certain items' column labels in the sheet to which you are filtering the output, and make the criteria cells, say A1 & A2, 'status' and 'order' respectively.

Regards

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information