+ Reply to Thread

Time Keeping Problems

MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2010

Time Keeping Problems

Thank you for allowing me into your forum and hope I'm doing this right. I'm not exactly new to Excel but my knowledge is limited to real beginner basics. I'll do my best to describe my problems after 2 weeks of a spinning head.

H5 needs a change in formula to freeze the start time

H6 needs to stop timing when G8 is clicked or an amount is entered into G13

I'd like to have it so that when I click Enter in J12 it moves Line 13 down and inserts a blank copy of Line 12 when needed
    Attached Files Attached Files

Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

Re: Time Keeping Problems

Please see sheet attached, basically I have added buttons to start and stop the times. This will run a macro that removes the formula and pastes in the value. There is also an Add line button that adds a new line.
    Hope this at least heads you in the right direction.

MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2010

Invoice1(1)rev.xlsmThank you BarryTSL. I see I can remove the stop button. I don't like saying something needs adjusting but if there's an amount in H12 and I click J12 to Add Line, it copies that amount to every line. BUT; actually the Labor is not taxable. I'll be quite happy if H7 just totals the time without transferring it to another cell. Then I'll move the info in columns H & I to column G. and put a line under tax for Labor info.
    Again, Thank you

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003, 2007

is this what you are looking for? i only changed the code on the add line portion
    If you liked my solution, please click on the Star -- to add to my reputation

If your issue as been resolved, please clearly state so and mark the thread as [SOLVED] using the thread tools just above the first post.

Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

If the sheet from DGagnon solves your issues all ok but if not I will still try to alter the code to suit your needs, but do not fully understand what you need. You say that labour is not taxable but you tax it in your sheet ??? If you only require 1 labour cell I can remove duplicates when new lines are added. May be you could attach an example of how the sheet looks with extra lines in it.

MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2010

Thank you for your help too DGagnon but it adds the new line above and flashes around three cells.
    BarryTSL-rev4 is pretty much what I need. I think I messed up your code or macro for total time in H7. if you could fix it to just show total time without any other function that would be great.
    I had to put the labor below tax because I can't charge sales tax on labor if customer furnishes supplies. I tried to move the Add Line to I12 but it won't move for me.

Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

The cell H7 should be ok, I should explain that when you click either the start or stop buttons the Now() formula is replaced with a value so keep a master copy and save any new sheet with a different name. When you click the finish button the sheet will recalculate to make sure that the time is correct. The tax is on sales only and adding a line should work ok.

Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

On this version I have removed the add line button and made a table instead, when you need a new line select the bottom right cell of the table presently E13 and press the "Tab" button.

MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2010

Thank you for solution. It works perfect.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information