+ Reply to Thread

Looking up info from another sheet

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2000

Looking up info from another sheet

`scuse me but Im new and thick with this ( heard that before?) ANyway I need to set up the following:
    We receive a worksheet in Excel 2000 from a source ( it has columns dedicated to Model numbers / amounts / mainly and I need to be able to setup another sheet with info on it that will allow the result to be shown on it.
    For example : the sheet received would have Model 1S and another column with the amount ( 12 for example) .
    I need to set it up to be able to calculate all the different raw materials needed for that product to go into production. Like if a sheet could have on it .... the amount of leather used in a Model 1s and that multiplied by the amount column. That would give us the amount of leather we would need to purchase. mmmmmmm I hope Im explaing reasonably well as I havent a clue how to do this even after reading endlessly on the net. Thanks in anticipation. From Cape Town - Regards Lindsay

Forum Moderator - RIP Richard Buttrey's Avatar
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 365, Excel for Windows 2010 & Excel for Mac

Re: Looking up info from another sheet

Please upload a workbook or a representative cut down copy, anonymised if necessary. It is always easier to advise if we can see your request in its context.

Show a before and after situation and if it's not blindingly obvious how you have arrived at your results some explanatory notes as well.

Regards
    Richard Buttrey

RIP - d. 06/10/2022

If any of the responses have helped then please consider rating them by clicking the small star icon below the post.

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2000

I have attached a file so that you can see the "order sheet" they send us. What we need is to automatically have the system give us the amount of leather and different hardware we will need for this order. A previous manager used to do that and it really helped a lot. He is no longer with us and I don`t know the answer here. So pretty much have it look at the "order sheet" and go to a "master sheet" that has all the info in it regarding leather for each specific item and hardware etc.
    Hope this will help. Thank you - Lindsay
    Attached Files Attached Files

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2016

I wonder it was a wrong file? Neither "order sheet" nor "master sheet" could be found
    Quang PT

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2000

I named it For the FORUM ( cause I couldnt think of a better name)
    Lindsay
    Attached Files Attached Files

Forum Moderator - RIP Richard Buttrey's Avatar
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 365, Excel for Windows 2010 & Excel for Mac

Hi,

Was that a typo? I can see no model 1S and the only model with a quantity of 12 is 10L

The solution to your problem will probably be to use the Data Filter functionality (or possibly a Pivot Table), but as well as providing us with the raw data you need to also give us some actual results that you expect to see. I can't for instance see any reference to any areas for different products since presumably that's what you mean by the 'amount of leather'.

Manually add some typical results in the format you expect to see it for two or three models and then reupload the workbook and we may have a chance understanding what you want.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information