+ Reply to Thread

Copy chart to other sheets keep formating but replace data with sheet that chart is on

Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

Copy chart to other sheets keep formating but replace data with sheet that chart is on

I have one chart on a sheet now I would like to copy that chart to
    Other sheets but relace data with info on the paste sheet.

All my sheets have same data and same format.

So I would like to get the data from sheet where I'm pasting to but keep chart formating from original chart.

Thank you

Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

Re: Copy chart to other sheets keep formating but replace data with sheet that chart is on

when you paste the copy of the chart into another sheet, you can right click the chart and click 'select data'. Then just highlight the new data range and it will update the chart.
    Happy Excel'ing!

Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

Re: Copy chart to other sheets keep formating but replace data with sheet that chart is on

Quote Originally Posted by haru View Post
    when you paste the copy of the chart into another sheet, you can right click the chart and click 'select data'. Then just highlight the new data range and it will update the chart.
    I should of mention that I have 40 sheets and 20 cells to highlight the input data.
    That's about 800 click to highlight data.

Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

Well, your data and chart are on the same sheet, then you copy/paste into another sheet with data, you can right click, select data...

afterwards, you can copy the data selection, paste into word or something, find/replace, find sheet1!, replace with sheet2!. Then copy the new selection, paste back into excel data series.

I think it's worth a shot. I tried it and it worked. Just change the sheet name with the new sheet name, just make sure the ! goes after the sheet name.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information