+ Reply to Thread

Resister my excel file for a particular Computer, so that it can’t use another Computer

Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    Microsoft Office 2016

Question Resister my excel file for a particular Computer, so that it can’t use another Computer

Dear all, I have prepared an excel macro file for my client. Now i want an excel macro so that my client can’t use it to another Computer.
    If my client try to use this excel file, it will be showing like this “!!!You are not allowed to use this excel file in this Computer it is registered for another Computer
    If you want to use this file in your computer please contact with developer” and I will be provide him an id for using on that computer.
    Last edited by nur2544; 06-30-2012 at 10:47 PM.

Forum Guru
    MS-Off Ver
    2010 and 2013

Re: Resister my excel file for a particular Computer, so that it can’t use another Comput

vba is not a secure environment and be easily circumvented. Any secure method would involved another programming language that is more difficult to crack.
    Please consider:

Thanking those who helped you. Click the star icon in the lower left part of the contributor's post and add Reputation.
    Cleaning up when you're done. Mark your thread [SOLVED] if you received your answer.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information