+ Reply to Thread

Project management and pictures, basically make a day planner with pictures

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003

Project management and pictures, basically make a day planner with pictures

Good Morning,

I have just come across this forum and I am in need of a little help.
    I am sure this question has been asked a hundred times so I hope I am not beating a dead horse, but I need to know if I can store pictures in my excel program and the best way to use the excel as my project management and contact capture list.

I build custom guitars, buy sell and trade guitars and I do service and high end mods and every guitar that I come in contact with get a series of pictures from start to finish.
    When I have a customers guitar in my shop, I keep a photo journal of all the work being done to show the customers whats been done at all times and I can always go back to the pictures if there is a question.
    And I also sell a lot of items from a auction website and my website and going to be using Facebook soon as well.
    All this being said, can or how do I store all my pictures in excel ?
    I want to be able to build a guitars and keep all my pictures in excel under the model and name of the guitar as well as put a customer info and put it in excel with their pictures and notes, accounting and inventory, Is this at all possible??

Any help will be much appreciated and the one that can help me and make this work like I want,I will build them a custom guitar at cost, yipee!!

Thank you and have a Great Day!!

Scott

Forum Contributor Legend Rubber's Avatar
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

Re: Project management and pictures, basically make a day planner with pictures

where and how would you like to have the pictures...
    how would you like to see them?
    You can pretty much do whatever you like with excel... problem is know how
    I needa guitar, so i will try to help

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003

Here is my situation,

I have my collection of guitar, I have all the guitars that are in one phase or other in the building process, I have guitars for sale and I have parts.
    So that being said I have pictures of every guitar and every part to either list for sale or to have for insurance reasons so lets just say I have a ton of pic's.
    I want to be able to start a organize my customer, capture new customers, have a file on every guitar that comes in and all the parts so I can sell or keep in my personal inventory.
    I would also like to be able to do either mass emails to my customers and or pick customers out just for a certain part or guitar that would interest them by putting tags in their profile so if I have a certain part it would bring them up as buyers,

Right now all I have is a a spreed sheet with names and emails, very little info and a desktop on my computer that is packed with files of pictures and I am now not able to find files or picture and it just a total disaster, need a way to put it all together and keep it neat and organized, can it be done?
    Does not mean I am smart enough to do it, but if it can be done then there is hope.

oh yah, I want to be able to synch it to my website to and have my business partner in Texas to have access to some of the information and or add to it.

Did that help or did I explain it so bad that you are actually brain damaged for reading it?

Or is there a program out there that will do what I need but not have to pay 5000.00 a user? I would rather use excel anyways

So, what kind of guitar you looking for?? What kind of music do you play?

Thank you Very much!!

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

A. We @ Legend use Sage Act, which can do everything that you are suggesting, and export the list to excel, or import the list you already have as well...
    It is a great system, easy to use, and great support from Sage...
    I can do most of what you are asking with excel, with a great deal of work, but the storing pictures is the main problem...
    ACT would od this much simpler for you...
    I play acoustic guitar, i personally am not very good, but we have alot of get togethers with friends and we play alot of music (mostly i sit and enjoy with a nice glass of Scotch )
    i am not looking for anything special, if you have anything that is "seconds" or scratched or chipped or anything like that would be fine... although i dont imagine your have such things as you sound like quite the pro...
    We have a lot of friends in DesMoines... ever heard of the Berardi's?

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

Also, cost per user is under $300 if i remember correctly... depending on what level you need it may be less..

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003

The same Berardi's that have the high end tailor shops in West Des Moines?? I know of them, I grew up out by Dale Moffit Reservoir in Greenbriar (a gated community) so my family rubbed elbows with the "Higher End Crowd",I was more interested in rubbing one out??
    Was not Scotch, but my Uncle Jack and his buddy Jim Beam is who I rubbed elbows with and a few of their not so acceptable friends back in the day

The programs you mention sound a lot more user friendly and the excel sounds very labor intensive, but I also have to balance out my ability to do the labor Vs. a shoe string budget and not able to spend what operating capitol I have.
    I know if get a good program it would streamline my operation in turn make me more money, but the moment I spend my operating capitol, I will need it for parts or guitars a vendor gives me a deal on and those you have to buy or you loose you "IN' with the vendor.
    The programs you speak of, are they freeware by any chance?? or do they cost the big bucks??
    My business started of as a hobby and a addiction to collect as many guitars and anyone on the face of the earth and now I do it to basically pay for my guitars I build and the ones I collect. If you want to make money doing this, your in the wrong business, but I have permanent income so this is just extra and a really fun job.

If you are looking for a great acoustic guitar and you don't want to invest a ton of money, I have many sources and I will make sure you get a smoker deal on what ever you want and it will be a quality guitar.

Your up north I see, I have some very good people up north that I deal with, and I will have no problem getting you a good deal and shipping should not be a issue, are you needing a full size 4/4 guitar?

So you think you can help me??

Thanks!!

Scott

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

Sage Act 2011, (few years old but still do what you need) costs about 80$

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003

Let me do a little homework on it.
    Its called Sage Act correct? ad is it just a older program that I can buy off you?I will look into it right now and get back to you shortly.

Thank You Very Much for all your help!!

Scott

Carfrae Guitars

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information