+ Reply to Thread

Need Help Creating Table with Hours Worked and Copy Data

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

Need Help Creating Table with Hours Worked and Copy Data

Here's my challenge. I'd like to track the amount of time spent on a project from unique rows within the "Project List" worksheet. When I touch the project, I envision inputting the number of hours (30 minutes = 00:30) in the "Hours" column on the "Project List" spreadsheet (attached.) I'd like to take that value, as well as some other values on the same row (Column A, the project ID, Column B, the project name, column R, the last edited date and Column S, the number of hours) and append them to the "Project Hours" tab. Ideally, this function would clear off the "Hours" in the "Project List" tab after that occurs, but that's not a necessity.

I could then update that project the same or days later with additional hours, and subsequently append it again to the same spreadsheet. This could also apply to other rows (e.g. projects) within the "Project List" spreadsheet.

From the "Project Hours" worksheet, I could then build reports to show the total time spent on a project (I can handle that piece!)

What I'm struggling with is the code to get the data from "Project List" and append it to "Project Hours" without having to manually the hours over each time.

I've tried to simplify the spreadsheet as much as possible to simplify review.
    Attached Files Attached Files

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information