+ Reply to Thread

Formula issue with blank row

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

Formula issue with blank row

I have a spreadsheet for each department that feeds into a coordination process. When a request is received, I log it in A1 (or whatever the next row is). I assign it a file name or keep the one that comes in. I put in the area that is effected and who the request came from in the appropriate fields. Column F thru K are dates that the packet goes to each department for review. L is notes, M is the name of the project, N is the date it is saved in shared drive upon everything completed, O is whether the request is new or an old file missing data, P is formulated as
    Please Login or Register  to view this content.
    to let me know if the file is open or closed, Q is formulated as
    Please Login or Register  to view this content.
    to let me know via a quick look at where the packet is at.
    What I am trying to do now is fix the two codes to work properly once applied to a blank spreadsheet. The formulas currently in P and Q only work properly once I add data to the row then copy the cell above the formula to insert in the next row. If I preformat the entire worksheet, the formulated columns give error codes or False listings until I put data in the rest of the row. I would like to preformat the entire columns so no one messes up the formulas for these columns, so all anyone has to do is put data in each row without having to drag the previous rows formulas. How do I do that and did I make any sense explaining it? I uploaded the example spreadsheet and I added the formula to the next blank row to show what it says on a blank row.
    Attached Files Attached Files

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information