+ Reply to Thread

Producing a table of monthly values based on a monthly growth rate and yearly total

Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003

Producing a table of monthly values based on a monthly growth rate and yearly total

Hello,I have a table of yearly totals for the amount spent by x. I also have a growth rate for each month so for example in 2001 in jan the growth rate might have been 0.3% and feb 0.5% What i want to do is for each month based on the growth rate and the total produce a value for each month which sum to the total amount. I hope this makes sense ii cant attach a spread sheet yet but i will upload one to any service you suggest so you can see it. If you need any more clarification please email me. i'm just a little stumped on how to do this. It's also important to note that it restarts each year.

Link for excel file is here: EXAMPLE FOR MISTER EXCEL.xlsx

Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003/07/10

Re: Producing a table of monthly values based on a monthly growth rate and yearly total

Hello Josh
    Ive had a look at this, and there are one or two things that Im not sure about.
    1. It looks like you want to calculate each year with a separate starting value at the beginning of January, as if you were continuing with the value from (e.g.) Dec 2000, then you would need a growth rate for Jan 2001.
    2. If you did continue as in 1 above then Im not sure if the total at the end of 2001(321.22) will balance.

That said, Ive added some extra calculations for the year 2000 that total to the correct figure for the year of 311.58. I haven't gone any further in case it isn't what you want.

Hope it helps
    Attached Files Attached Files

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information